Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Shashleek is good!

Today is the day 2.5 with no visit to the little one...and again we are told we cannot visit her tomorrow. However, there is a good and bad side to this. Good side...she will hopefully be feeling a little better for the cross-country trip that I am taking with her on Thursday. Bad side...Andrew will have to go a total of 6.5 days without seeing his little girl. We love her and want her to get better soon. I have told Andrew that it won't be all giggles while she is with me in Almaty. Likely, she will be still a little sick...so I get to deal with a cranky, sick toddler for the trip. I am still looking forward to it though!

We took our translator and coordinator out for lunch today. They took us to a restaurant known for its Shashleek...this is a BBQ (fire usually) kebab of sort. They marinade the meet in vinegar and spices and then flame broil it. It is sooooo good! Andrew ate so much that we were all looking at his as to say "where is he putting it all?" Other then that we finished Season 2 of Enterprise (minus one episode...we know it is going to be a cliff hanger so we are not watching it until we have Season 3 in front of us). We have started watching Criminal Minds Season 1 and boy is it good! I'm glad we have all the DVDs with us...they help us pass the time. Kyzylorda isn't much of a tourist town...they don't even print maps of the city off. We could get one of the country or region but not a city specific map. Other then that we look at photos of our little girl (both printed out and on the laptop). I can't wait until after court and we can introduce you all to her.

Tomorrow we are going shopping!!! Our people here are taking us to a Bazzaar (think large flea market) and to the closest thing they have to a mall. I need pants. I only brought 3 pairs of jeans and I would like to have another option to wear besides my Geology sweats (they say Geology on the butt). Plus, I have seen the women here sporting some fabulous handbags and boots...I want me some! My travel purse is great for airplanes (large) but not for day to day needs...especially when I have a diaper bag a little larger with me as well. Well that's all for today. I'm sorry it isn't more interesting. Andrew has said he will post while I'm in Almaty. I'm not sure what my internet access will be...hopefully I can call him and update him to the going ons day to day. Well adios for now.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

oh any excuse to shop ;) i wear a 7 and a half. i like fab boots too. lol.
how come koko is not going on the trip too? poor wee bean what will he do??? i know watch cartoons.
have fun shopping.
love and kisses
:)

Anonymous said...

Hey,
I don't understand why Andrew can't go with you guys. Gonna be a long few days for him. Glad he eats well and is easily entertained, lol. Like Kathleen said, I like boots too - same size. Maybe you could get a deal. lol. Have a good day and I know this time and rest for little one will make her feel better soon. It is probably lasting longer due to the conditions (i.e. many babies sleeping together) and all of them sick.
Talk soon and take care,

Jenna said...

Hey - just got the link to your blog - sound slike an adventure so far!! Hope baby feels better soon and all goes as it should for you with the medical....and why can't Andrew go? Take care and thinking of you :) Jenn Berthelot
On a funny note - I have the DVD "WHERE DID I COME FROM" and you can borrow it when it is time to have the "talk" with your kids. I was cracking up more watching my kids respond to the story than they were watching the animated version of the book my mom read to me ....oh, you have so much to look forward to!!!

Anonymous said...

Morning My kiddies, Also sorry to hear Little One still under the weather. Shopping sounds fun drag the Son along even if it just to get out. Tell him he can shop for me(a spoon). No boots please. When you get to see Little one give her hugs and kisses from Grandma and Grandpa. Also maybe a hat for Dad Andrew. Love and well wishes to the A.Pearson family. Mom & Dad.